Yosemite Server Backup
Yosemite Server Backup is a complete and affordable data backup and protection solution, enabling you to backup all of your data and restore it quickly in the event of disaster. With broad support for multiple server applications, operating systems, and backup devices, Yosemite Server Backup provides a centralized interface to manage your entire backup strategy.
- Cross-platform support for Windows and Linux
- Agents for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and more
- "Bare Metal Restore" from backups
- Efficient compression and encryption of data
- High-performance, concurrent data streams for backup and recovery
- Backs up to disk, CD/DVD, tape drives, autoloaders, and robotic libraries
- Automated scheduling and media rotation interfaces
- Alerting of backup completion or errors
- Centralized management across multiple servers, applications, and devices
Based on over a decade-long development history rooting from its origins as Tapeware, Yosemite Server Backup is a mature, reliable, and trusted solution protecting the data of millions of users worldwide. With cross-platform support across your Windows and Linux environments, you can apply consistent data protection policies from a single interface. Agents for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft SharePoint enable you to perform online backups without the need to take your applications offline or make separate exports. "Bare metal restores" are also supported from backup archives. Data encryption protects your data at-rest, and data compression makes the most of your media. With heterogeneous support for disk-to-disk backup, CD/DVD, tape drives, tape autoloaders, and robotic tape libraries, Yosemite Server Backup offers industry-leading backup performance by supporting concurrent streams for backup and recovery. Moreover, by streaming continuous data feeds at full-speed, Yosemite Server Backup also helps minimizes starts and stops of your backup hardware, extending both operating life and reliability.
Scheduling backups is easy through a simple calendar interface. For removable media systems, Yosemite Server Backup can automate and guide your tape rotation strategy. For automated media libraries, Yosemite Server Backup can automatically control any robotics that load your media. Automated email notifications can keep you informed of your backup completions or any problems encountered during backup operations.
Yosemite Server Backup combines the best of both worlds, offering superior performance and flexibility over backup utilities bundled with operating systems and devices without the complex licensing and administration models of other commercial backup solutions. With just four options ranging from single server to unlimited clients per master server, Yosemite Server Backup is the most affordable data protection solution available.
Yosemite Server Backup Deployment
The Yosemite Server Backup architecture scales easily from a single server to an enterprise network enabling centralized management across distributed data sources and backup devices.
- The Master Server provides a centralized management console for data protection and retention policies across multiple backup clients.
- Backup clients include software for popular file systems, including Windows and Linux, as well as agents for online backup of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft SharePoint applications.
- Media Servers provide connectivity to backup devices, including disk volumes, optical disk drives, tape loaders, and robotic tape libraries.
In a single-server model, all three tiers can reside on a single physical server. In distributed environments, the three tiers are generally distributed throughout the network and managed centrally from the Master Server.
Server Yosemite Unlimited Backup
There are four levels of Yosemite Server Backup to meet the needs of any size organization.
- Yosemite Server Backup is a low-cost entry into the Yosemite Server Backup product family, licensed to support a single Windows or Linux server.
- Yosemite Server Backup Plus offers support for small server farms, with support for up to 3 servers. Advanced agents for Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, and Bare Metal Disaster Recovery are included.
- Yosemite Server Backup SBS/EBS is designed for users of Microsoft Windows Small Business Server and Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server and includes support for all essential Microsoft services -- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Active Directory. Yosemite Backup SBS/EBS includes support for up to three servers.
- Yosemite Backup Unlimited is designed for enterprises. With no per server or per option fees, Yosemite Backup Unlimited is the most affordable enterprise-class backup solution available today.
Yosemite Desktop / Laptop Backup
Yosemite Desktop / Laptop Backup enables you to protect your personal data on your Windows computers. Data protection policies automatically track to your revision history, creating recovery points on each file save operation. Near continuous backup technology even tracks modifications to open files, such as Microsoft Outlook PST files. A simple right-click operation from Windows Explorer enables you to recover previous versions of files, protecting you from accidental deletion, accidental overwriting of files and loss of history.
With advanced options governing retention policy and synchronization with backup servers and devices, Yosemite Desktop / Laptop Backup is an ideal data backup solution for both desktop users and mobile users alike. A corporate edition is also available for IT administrators who want to centrally manage data protection policy.